The UK Radon Association is the trade association representing professionals involved in radon testing, radon remediation and radon protection across the UK.
UK Radon Associaton members have all met stringent membership criteria and proven their technical knowledge and expertise in dealing with radon gas issues.
In addition to providing a professional body for such companies, the UK Radon Association also works to raise awareness of radon and provide easy-to-understand information on the subject.
The key objectives of the Association can be summarised as
- To raise awareness of radon amongst the general public, including homeowners, homebuyers and employers
- To raise awareness of radon amongst property professionals, including architects, surveyors, builders and facilities managers
- To raise awareness of radon amongst health professionals
- To seek improved legislation & better enforcement of regulations to limit human exposure to radon gas
- To act as the UK focal point for the radon industry and liaise with UK government departments and advisors, international counterparts and bodies such as WHO for the benefit of members and UK general public
- To promote best practice amongst radon professionals
- To provide comprehensive training to members and non-members
- To maintain and publicise a list of members who are commercially active in the field and who have met criteria for membership
- To provide an online resource containing non-technical, easy-to-understand advice for various groups including property buyers/sellers, landlords and employers
The UK Radon Association is run by a board of Directors. The current Chair is Maria Dugdale.